St John’s Surgery PPG (Winter Edition 2019)
YOUR Patient Participation Group (PPG) would like to invite YOU to join us as a member.
What is a PPG?
A PPG may involve the following:
· Provide practical support to the staff and patients.
· Helping yourself and other patients to take more responsibility for your health.
· Building a relationship between the practice staff and patients which in turn breaks down barriers to communication.
· Communicating widely throughout the practice and the local community and in consultation with practice staff.
A PPG is NOT
· A Forum for complaints. By providing a channel for communication, a PPG can reduce the risk of complaints. Many groups agree to forward concerns to the practice manager or the PALS team.
· For implementation of a pre-determined agenda (the government’s or anyone else’s!) The independence of the PPG’s is a major strength. They are informally accountable to all of the patients in the practice and should therefore take a balanced view of needs.
More about us
· Our group meets approximately 4 times a year at St Johns Surgery.
· We would like a social get-together once a year away from the surgery.
· Each of us brings our own qualities, suggestions, skills and experience to work together to form a harmonious and proactive group.
If you are interested you can:
· Enquire at reception
· Fill out your details on one of our PPG leaflets and hand it in to reception
· Check Facebook, Search St John’s Surgery.